Prepare to have your taste buds blown away by this delicious, low carb homemade ranch dressing. This recipe is sure to impress, whether you're a seasoned cook or a rookie in the kitchen.
Create a delectable dressing that's perfect for dipping, like celery or carrots. It's also ideal for your favorite salad. And of course it's low carb to boot, but it is pretty high in calories and fat, so if you're watching your waistline you'll want to keep it in check. Just follow the straightforward directions for your new favorite dressing! Get your ingredients ready, and let's explore the world of delicious food!
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Serves: 8
- 1 cup mayonnaise (look for a low-carb or sugar-free option)
- ½ cup sour cream (choose a full-fat variety)
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut milk (or any low-carb milk of your choice)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon paprika (optional)
- Combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, and coconut milk in a medium bowl. Well combine till creamy and smooth.
- To the bowl, add the chopped parsley, chives, and dill. Stir the mixture until the herbs are dispersed evenly.
- Add the salt, black pepper, paprika (if using), garlic powder, onion powder, and other seasonings. To thoroughly blend the flavours, stir well.
- When adjusting the seasoning, taste the dressing and season to your liking. If desired, you can include more herbs or spices.
- In a jar or other airtight container, transfer the ranch dressing. To give the flavors a chance to mingle, chill for at least one hour.
- Make sure everything is thoroughly mixed together in the dressing before serving.
- Use the low-carb homemade ranch dressing as a sauce for sandwiches and wraps, a topping for salads, and a dip for veggies.
- Enjoy your ranch dressing with minimal carbs!
- Calories: 120
- Total Fat: 10.4g 13%
- Saturated Fat: 2.7g 13%
- Cholesterol: 11mg 4%
- Sodium: 295mg 13%
- Total Carbohydrate: 6.8g 2%
- Dietary Fiber: 0.2g 1%
- Total Sugars: 1.7g
- Protein: 0.8g
Why You'll Love This Ranch Dressing
- Fresh parsley, chives, and dill are used in the dressing to offer a flavorful kick as well as important nutrients. These plants have antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals that can help with general health.
- Making your own ranch dressing gives you control over the ingredients that go into it. You have the choice of low-carb or sugar-free alternatives, healthier oils for the mayonnaise, and customized spices.
- Ranch dressing is versatile and can be used as a sauce, a topping for salads, or a dip for vegetables.
- A balanced and nutritious meal can be made by eating more veggies and making them tastier with a healthier dressing.
This homemade ranch dressing is delicious, as well as low carb (like nearly all ranch dressings). Savor this dressing as an appetizing dip for your tasty low carb eggplant dish. However, it's high in saturated fats, so you'll want to keep in check for your healthiest eating.
But if you're following low carb, this is a terrific ranch dressing that you'll love! And it won't add to your carb count.
Contact Delishio and tell us your favorite homemade salad dressing.