In this colorful and savory dish, juicy shrimp are combined with lime juice, chili and a hint of smoked paprika. This low-carb shrimp recipe is a delicacy that not only satisfies your taste senses, but also offers vital nutrients thanks to its abundance of lean protein and healthy fats.
The Lime Chili Shrimp Medley is an explosion of zingy, tantalizing flavors with a zesty lime burst, a rush of chili, and the smoky overtones of paprika. Prepare to indulge in a delectable seafood combination that is both nutritious and delicious and will leave you wanting more.
And best of all, it's a low carb winner so you can indulge without sacrificing your diet goals.
- 1 pound of large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon chili flakes (adjust to taste)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- In a mixing bowl, combine the avocado oil, garlic powder, lime juice, smoked paprika, chili flakes, salt, and pepper. Stir well to create a marinade.
- Add the shrimp to the marinade and toss to coat them evenly. Let the shrimp marinate for about 15-20 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld.
- Preheat your grill or skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once the grill or skillet is hot, place the shrimp in a single layer. Cook for about 2-3 minutes per side, or until the shrimp turn pink and opaque.
- Remove the cooked shrimp from the heat and transfer them to a serving plate.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley to add a vibrant touch.
- Serve the Zesty Lime Chili Shrimp Medley hot and enjoy the explosion of zesty, spicy flavors!
- Calories: 110
- Fat: 1 g
- Protein: 21.8 g
- Total Carbs: 4.6 g
Why this is good for you
- Lean Protein: Shrimp is a great source of lean protein, which is essential for building and repairing tissues, supporting muscle growth, and maintaining a healthy immune system.
- Healthy Fats: Avocado oil used in this recipe provides heart-healthy monounsaturated fats. These fats have been associated with a reduced risk of heart disease and can help improve cholesterol levels.
- Low in Carbohydrates: This dish is low in carbohydrates, making it suitable for low-carb or ketogenic diets. It can help regulate blood sugar levels and promote weight loss.
- Nutrient-Rich: Shrimp contains various important nutrients such as selenium, vitamin B12, and iodine. Selenium acts as an antioxidant, while vitamin B12 supports nerve function and red blood cell production. Iodine is necessary for thyroid health.
- Vitamin C: Lime juice is a rich source of vitamin C, which supports a healthy immune system, aids in collagen production, and acts as an antioxidant.