Enjoy these divine Low Carb Chocolate Brownies, a delectable and guiltless (mainly) treat. The rich chocolate flavor of these brownies is the ideal complement to the nutty goodness of almonds. These brownies are not only delicious, but also low in carbohydrates because they are made with unsweetened cocoa powder and almond flour. What a great combo for creating delicious taste without the carb load!
The preparation for the recipe takes about 15 minutes. You'll be rewarded with a batch of moist and fudge-tasting brownies after only 20 to 25 minutes of baking, which will satisfy the needs of any chocolate fan. Prepare to enjoy these divine Low Carb Chocolate Brownies and almond delights slowly with each bite.
We love these brownies because they still have great taste, but they won't sink your low carb or diet efforts. So it's a nice relief when you're feeling the occasional crunch of the low carb lifestyle.
⬇️ Jump to:
- Calories 117
- Total Fat 7.2g 9%
- Saturated Fat 2.8g 14%
- Cholesterol 31mg 10%
- Sodium 158mg 7%
- Total Carbohydrate 13.2g 5%
- Dietary Fiber 1.3g 5%
- Total Sugars 11g
- Protein 2.2g
- 1 cup fine almond flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp. dark cocoa powder (or additional regular cocoa powder)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
- 3 tbsp. plant-based milk (such as almond milk or soy milk)
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp. ground flaxseed mixed with 6 tbsp. water)
- ⅔ cup granulated coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- A square baking pan should be lined with parchment paper or gently greased and the oven should be preheated to 350°F (175°C).
- Almond flour, light and dark cocoa powders, baking soda, and salt should all be combined in a mixing dish. The components should be evenly distributed, and any lumps should be thoroughly broken up.
- Melted coconut oil, plant-based milk, flax eggs, coconut sugar, and vanilla essence should all be combined in a separate bowl. Combine thoroughly after mixing.
- When a thick and homogeneous batter forms, gradually add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients while stirring. Make sure to fully blend all the components.
- Using a spatula or the back of a spoon, evenly distribute the batter after pouring it onto the prepared baking pan.
- A toothpick put into the centre should come out with a few wet crumbs when the baking pan is placed in the preheated oven and baked for 20 to 25 minutes. Avoid overbaking as this might lead to dry brownies.
- The brownies should be taken out of the oven after baking and allowed to cool completely in the pan before being cut into squares.
- As a treat or dessert alternative, serve and savor these delectable low-carb almond flour brownies.
- Keep an eye on the brownies as they near the finish of baking because the baking time may vary depending on your oven. Any leftovers can be kept for up to a few days at room temperature in an airtight container.
Dive into the world of delectable indulgence and smart nutrition by exploring our comprehensive guide on the potential low-carb wonders of dark chocolate.
The Benefits of This Recipe
- Lower Carbohydrate Content: Compared to standard brownie recipes, these brownies have a lower carbohydrate content because they are made using almond flour and low-carb sugar substitutes. This may be helpful for people who are on a low-carb or ketogenic diet.
- Rich in Healthy Fats: The dish uses coconut oil and almond flour as sources of healthy fats. These fats can encourage satiety, and act as a consistent supply of energy.
- Almonds are a vital element in the recipe and have a number of nutritional benefits. They are an excellent source of magnesium, vitamin E, and beneficial monounsaturated fats. Magnesium promotes bone health and controls blood pressure, while vitamin E is an antioxidant that aids in protecting cells from harm.
- When compared to ordinary sugar, the recipe's use of low-carb sweeteners may have a lower glycemic impact. For people who need to control their blood sugar levels, this may be helpful.
- Ingredients that are homemade and under your control: By making these brownies at home, you have complete control over the type and quantity of the ingredients used. By doing so, you can alter the recipe to fit your dietary requirements and possibly use less additives and preservatives.
Click here to learn the sweet secrets of sugar!
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 350 °F (175 °C)
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove.
Summing It Up
Taking a break from a low carb or calorie restricted diet is a must in order to stay the course long-term. If you don't have some cheat days, then it's very hard to maintain motivation for the long haul. It starts to become too challenging mentally, which is why most diets fail.
You need a bit of a pressure release when following a low carb diet. These cheat days allow you some mental sanity, with this low carb brownie dessert, you're still keeping things on track to a large extent.
Are you interested in monitoring your carb intake? Take advantage of the net carb calculator, a valuable tool for individuals adhering to low-carb diets.