If you're trying to stick to a low carb or ketogenic diet, you won't want to miss out on this tasty Low Carb Sweet Pork recipe. The pork is cooked until it is soft and juicy, and the sauce is savory and somewhat sweet. A delectable meal can be had while watching your carbohydrate intake if you use the correct combination of healthy and low carb ingredients.
If you're a pork lover, and also watching those pesky carbs, than this is a must-try in your diet rotation. The sauce will keep you coming back for more, and it's pretty simple to make. So win-win-win by any standard!
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cooking Time: 4 hours
- Serves: 4
- 2 pounds of boneless pork shoulder or pork butt, cut into chunks
- ¼ cup coconut amino
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup Erythritol or your preferred low-carb sweetener
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes (adjust to your spice preference)
- ¼ cup water
- Optional toppings: sliced green onions, sesame seeds
- Coconut amino, apple cider vinegar, Erythritol, ground ginger, water, and red pepper flakes should all be put in a slow cooker. The ingredients should be thoroughly mixed to include sweetness.
- Make sure the pork chunks are thoroughly covered in the sauce mixture before adding them to the slow cooker.
- Cook the pork for 4 hours on low heat in the slow cooker, or until it is fork-tender and simple to shred.
- When the pork has finished cooking, take it out of the slow cooker and place it on a cutting board. To shred the pork into smaller pieces, use two forks.
- Mix the remaining sauce with the shredded pork before adding it back to the slow cooker.
- Allow the pork to soak in the flavours of the sauce for an additional 10-15 minutes.
- Serve the low-carb sweet pork with your preferred low-carb vegetables, over cauliflower rice, or in lettuce wraps.
- As an optional finishing touch for flavour and presentation, garnish with sliced green onions and sesame seeds.
- Calories: 332
- Total Fat: 8g 10%
- Saturated Fat: 2.7g 14%
- Cholesterol: 164mg 55%
- Sodium: 135mg 6%
- Total Carbohydrate: 17g 6%
- Dietary Fiber: 0.2g 1%
- Total Sugars: 15.1g
- Protein: 59.1g
Why This Sweet Pork Should Make Your List
- Low in Carbohydrates: The recipe's overall carbohydrate count is decreased by utilizing low-carb substitutes for sweeteners and coconut amino. This may be helpful for people trying to maintain ketosis, a metabolic state where the body primarily uses fat for fuel, while also reducing their carbohydrate intake. Great for a low carb diet! Learn more about low carb options at restaurants.
- High in Protein: This recipe calls for 2 pounds of pork shoulder or pork butt, which is a fantastic source of protein. Protein is necessary for the development and repair of tissues, maintaining the health of muscles, and for producing fullness, which can aid in controlling hunger and managing weight.
- Rich in Flavor: This recipe uses savory and aromatic ingredients like garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes to give the dish a lot of flavor despite having little carbohydrates. Low-carb diets can be more pleasurable and sustaining when the meals are flavorful.
This Low Carb Sweet Pork recipe is equally simple and delicious! It's also low carb, so it fits well in a keto diet plan or low carb diet plan. The only downside is that it's not a quick recipe. You'll need several hours to make this one happen, but it's well worth the wait.