Suitable for all types of diet plans, zucchini pasta is a low-carb alternative to traditional pasta, created by spiralizing zucchini, so it's still packed with flavor and nutrients. Zucchini is an excellent source of antioxidants, fiber, and essential vitamins and minerals like vitamin C, potassium, and manganese. It also contains some protein, making it a great ingredient for a meal.
Kale is a superfood that is packed with essential vitamins and minerals like vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin K, and calcium. It is also a good source of dietary fiber and antioxidants, making it a great addition to any meal.
The yolk of the poached egg is rich in healthy fats and vitamins, and provides a creamy texture that pairs perfectly with the zucchini pasta and kale sauce.
Preparation and Cooking Overview: Marinate zucchini pasta for 30 minutes while blanching kale. Prepare the sauce by blending anchovies, garlic, capers, olive oil, and lemon juice with kale. Toast pine nuts and cook young asparagus in butter. Poach the eggs to perfection and assemble the dish with grated Parmigiano cheese.
Step-by-Step Video Instructions
⬇️ Jump to:
Cooking Tools Required
- Slotted SpoonMixing Bowls
If you don't have a spiralizer, you can use a vegetable peeler to make thin zucchini ribbons. A handheld immersion blender can be used instead of a regular blender for the sauce.
- 3 medium-sized Zucchinis
- ½ teaspoon Sea Salt
For the Sauce:
- 3 cups (300g) Kale, blanched
- 5 Anchovy fillets
- 8 Capers
- 4 Garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons (30g) Olive oil
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 3 tablespoons (20g) Toasted Pine Nuts
- ¼ cup (50g) Parmigiano cheese, grated
- ¼ cup (50g) Young Asparagus
- 3 tablespoons (20g) Butter
For Poached Eggs:
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Vinegar
Chef's Note to Reader
To enhance the flavors, you can add a sprinkle of black pepper to the sauce. Make sure not to overcook the zucchini pasta; it should have a slight crunch for the best texture. If you prefer a vegan version, skip the poached eggs and use a plant-based cheese substitute.
For an even more exclusive and indulgent taste, add a drizzle of truffle oil to elevate this dish into a fine dining experience
How to Make the Recipe Step-by-Step Guide
- Cut zucchinis into thin, pasta-like strips using a spiralizer.
- . Marinate the zucchini pasta with sea salt and let it rest for 30 minutes to drain excess liquid.
- Blanch the kale in boiling water for 2 minutes, then immediately transfer to ice-cold water to retain its vibrant color.
- In a skillet, heat olive oil and sauté anchovy fillets, capers, and garlic until fragrant.
- Place the blanched kale, lemon juice, and sautéed mixture in a blender. Blend until you achieve a smooth and creamy consistency. Add a splash of water if needed.
- In another skillet, melt butter and cook young asparagus until tender-crisp. Set aside.
- To poach the eggs, bring a saucepan of water to a gentle simmer, add vinegar, and create a slight whirlpool. Crack the eggs into a small bowl and slowly place them in the center and poach for 3-4 minutes for a runny yolk or longer for a firmer yolk.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving)
- Calories: 380 kcal
- Total Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fiber: 4g
- Net Carbs: 8g
- Protein: 17gFat: 30g
How to Make it Healthier?
To make this recipe even healthier,consider adding more leafy greens like spinach or arugula to increase the fiber content and nutrient profile.
Also you can add seeds like sunflower, sesame or even pumpkin seeds to boost nutritions
Time-Saving Tips: To save time, prepare the kale sauce ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator. You can also use pre-cut zucchini noodles available at some grocery stores.
Learn a wide range of delicious low-carb recipes that are not only tasty but also beneficial for achieving your weight management or weight loss objectives.
What can I Prepare Ahead of Time?
The kale sauce can be made a day in advance and refrigerated until needed. The zucchini pasta can also be prepared in advance and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Storage and Reheating: Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Reheat the dish gently in the microwave, adding a splash of water to retain moisture.
Recipe Wrap Up and Conclusion
Low Carb Zucchini Pasta with Kale Sauce and Poached Egg is a delicious and nutritious meal that is sure to satisfy. It is low in calories and carbohydrates, high in essential vitamins and minerals, and easy to make. It is the perfect meal for anyone looking for a healthy and delicious weekday dinner.